I know it may be funny when a recipe is being posted for Curd Rice but when I stared cooking I even googled a lot to find the perfect Curd Rice recipe. So I dedicate this post for all the Chaps like me J Beginners and Bachelor’s will really find this post very useful.
This is such an easy to prepare recipe when we have cooked rice ready. Whenever I run out of time I pack curd rice for lunch.
Curd rice recipe
Recipe Cuisine: south Indian | Recipe Category : Main Course
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 10 mins| Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Curd /Yogurt – ½ cup
Milk – ½ cup (Boiled and cooled)
Coriander Leaves– 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Shallots – 3
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 2
Ginger – 1 tbsp (crushed or finely chopped)
Curry Leaves a spring
Salt as needed
Hing / Asafoetida a pinch
1. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in the Mustard Seeds and Urad Dal and Hing, let it splutter then add in the finely chopped shallots ,Green Chilli fry for a min and then add in ginger. Sauté well.
2. Add in the curry Leaves now switch off the flame. Keep the cooked rice ready.
3. Now add in the Curd, Milk and Salt to the cooked Rice, Mix well. Next add in the prepared tadka.
4. Mix everything well. Finally add in the chopped Coriander Leaves and mix well.
- Carrot and Mango can be added to the Curd Rice. It actually enhances the taste.
- Usually rice is mashed well in curd rice. But I prefer it without mashing.
- Tastes best with pickle or chips.
- Made easily in no time with just left over cooked rice.
- If it served immediately no need to add milk.
- If it is packed for lunch box it might turn sour hence milk is added to balance the taste.