When life gives you green peas, buy even more and store it .So that for rest of the year we can use it in our daily cooking without any effort. Green Peas are in season now, so let’s use the most of this season. Last week when I was ordering my vegetables in Big basket I was really shocked to see the price ,it was just 10 Rs /Kg ,So it was then I got this idea of freezing the green peas .This is the first time ever I am freezing my own homemade green peas and I love it J
The only time consuming thing in freezing green peas is to remove the peas from its pods. I had to do it for around 2 Kgs, but Hubby helped me in this which almost halved my effort. The Peas which I used for clicking pics are almost 2 weeks old freezing .Now let’s get started.
Frozen Green Peas recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : DIY/Homemade techniques
Prep Time: 30mins | Cook Time : 10 mins| Makes: 1 big pack |Author :Sharmila
Salt a pinch
Step by Step Pictorial Method:
1. Remove the green peas from the Pods. Wash the fresh peas really well and set aside.
2. In a large pan bring in lots of water to boil. Once it starts bubbling up add in the cleaned fresh peas. It will sink to the bottom after immediately adding it to water.
3. After around 1-2 mins the peas will start floating in the top switch off the stove immediately and wash well with cold water to prevent it from further cooking. Spread the peas in a kitchen towel and allow it to dry completely.
4. Once it is dry completely, transfer to a zip lock cover and freeze. It will stay good for months together.
- Make sure the peas are dry completely before freezing in zip lock cover ,otherwise the shelf life might get reduced.
- The Frozen peas can be used directly in cooking no need to soak and cook.
- Thaw the frozen peas for some time before cooking.
- It keeps well for months together. Max I have stored for 6 months.