Making tarts in home is always a fun, We have all the freedom to experiment with the ingredients .As strawberry season is in full swing I have made mini Strawberry Biscuits tarts for today. I have used the basic tart recipe and made a yummy filling which kids will love it!!
Mini strawberry tart recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Snacks
Prep Time: 30 mins| Cook Time :25 mins | Makes: 4 |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – ½ cup
Cold Butter – 1/3 cup
Cane Sugar – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Cold water as needed
For filling :
Strawberry – 8
Digestive biscuits – 4
Brown Sugar – 1 tbsp
1.In a mixing bowl sift together all-purpose flour and Baking Powder to this add in chopped cold cubed butter ,with the help of fingers rub together the butter and flour mixture such the butter and flour is completely mixed and it resembles bread crumbs.
2.To the mixture now add in the cane sugar and water or milk and mix well and knead together to form a soft dough. Cling wrap and freeze it for 10 mins.
After 10 mins dust a surface with flour and roll the dough, make sure the dough is not too thin. Take a tart mould and plate the dough in the mould as shown in the images.
4. Prick the dough with fork across. Freeze it for 10 mins. Meanwhile start preparing the filling. In a bowl take the digestive biscuits crush it well to for fine crumbs.
- The quantity of the butter can be increased for a more flaky crust.
- The baking time may vary between a conventional oven and OTG.
- Any biscuits can be added for the filling.
- Serve as a evening snack for kids along with Milk.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
This is for Srivalli's Kid's Delight event , guest hosted by Gayathri, themed on Mini Baked Goodies.