Valentine’s Day, Red Velvet, Strawberries always goes well. So for this Valentine’s Day I am sharing an easy Red Velvet cookie Recipe. Come fall in love and surprise your loved ones!! Now let’s get started.
Similar Valentine's Day Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cookies
Prep Time: 30 mins| Bake Time :17 mins | Makes: 30 |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Cane Sugar – ¾ cup
Soft unsalted butter – ½ cup
Cream Cheese – ¼ cup
Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
Red Food Color / Beetroot juice – as needed
1. In a mixing bowl cream together butter and can sugar until they are well combined. Next add in the cream cheese and food colour or beetroot juice as needed.
2. Combine everything together until they mix evenly. Now add in the All-purpose flour, Cocoa powder and baking powder. Knead everything together to form a soft dough.
3. Using a rolling pin roll the dough flat with ¼ inch thickness and the using your fav cookie cutter cut to form shapes.
4. Refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 mins. After that preheat the oven at 180 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake for about 15-17 mins until the base of the cookies start turning brown.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven. So keep a check after 12 mins. Mine took sharp 16 mins to bake.
- The cookies appear soft after baking, it will become crisp after cooking.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container.
- The cookies may get burn easily, so keep an eye after 12 mins.
- If using beetroot juice ,use 2-3 tbsp of juice depending on the colour you require for the cookies.