Vendakai mor Kulambu | Okra Butter Milk Curry is an easy and instant curry that can be prepared. I will be preparing this curry very frequently in home and have not blogged it so far. So here I am with my version of this famous mor Kulambu .Based on the various regions of the country the mode of preparing the curry varies. Now let’s get started.
Vendakai more kulambu recipe
Recipe Cuisine: south Indian | Recipe Category : Kuzhambu
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 10 mins| Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
Thick Yogurt\ Curd – 1 cup
Lady’s Finger \ Bhindi – 5 nos
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
Green Chilli – 2
To Temper :
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves a spring
Hing a pinch
Dry Red Chilli -2
To soak and Grind:
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Toor Dal – 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Rice – 1 tbsp
1. Take the ingredients mentioned under to soak and grind table in a vessel add water and allow it to soak for 20-30 mins.
2. Now add in coconut along with the soaked ingredients add little water and grind it to a fine paste. Set aside. Wash the bhindi well and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Chop it into 1 inch size pieces and then fry it in a pan till it is cooked and the drain it in a paper towel and set aside.
3. Take a pan add in oil, once it heats up add in the To Temper ingredients and then green chillies fry and then add in the ground paste.
4. Fry well for a min and then add in the curd. Make sure to whisk the curd well before adding it in to the gravy.
5. Fry well for a min and then add in the curd. Make sure to whisk the curd well before adding it in to the gravy. Wait till the gravy is comes to a boil and the switch off the flame.
- Tastes best with Steamed Rice and Potato Fry or any Chips.
- Instead of Lady’s Finger any vegetable can be used. Or the vegetable can be left and made it as a plain curry.
- The Curry may look pale as soon as you add Turmeric but when the gravy starts to boil you will get the yellow colour don’t add more Turmeric powder.