Pound cakes are originally from U.K and are made with four principle ingredients like flour, butter, egg and sugar .however now a days so many variations are made to the cake so today I have prepared an orange flavoured pound cake. It is so yummy and divine. The aroma that fills the house while baking this cake is just out of the world. Now let’s get started.
- Eggless Christmas Fruit Cake
- Eggless Whole Wheat Nuts Cake
- Whole Wheat Choco Banana Cake
- Cashew Pound Cake
- Ice Cream Cake
Recipe Cuisine: UK| Recipe Category : Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 30 mins| Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – ¾ cup + 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 1/3 cup
Unsalted butter – ¼ cup
Plain yogurt – ½ cup + 2 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Orange juice – 1 ½ tbsp
Orange Zest – 1 tsp-2 tsp
Step by step Method with pictures:
1. In a mixing bowl add in soft unsalted butter and cream it using an electric beater or stand mixer. Next add in the powdered sugar and beat once again.
2. To this now add in the plain yogurt, Orange juice and Orange Zest beat once again.
3. In another bowl sieve together all-purpose flour ,baking powder ,baking soda and salt thrice ,now slowly add the flour in batches to the wet ingredients .Beat the batter once again so that everything is mixed evenly.
4. Now pour the prepared cake batter in any baking pan ,I used my paper baking tin .Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 30-35 mins or until a tooth pick when inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely and then slice and serve.