Making bread in home is always a kind of therapy for me as I love the whole process and love to have the freshly baked bread .As it is free from preservatives and way healthy than the store brought ones. I have baked this Wheat bread long back ,Somehow when I was migrating to a new laptop I lost all my pics .When I was searching my archives to post it today I couldn’t find it now.so luckily I had one picture and hence here it is. Soon I shall be sharing the step by step pics. Now let’s get startedJ
Whole wheat Bread
Recipe Cuisine: Ireland | Recipe Category : Bread
Prep Time: 2 ½ hours | Bake Time : 45 mins| Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour /Atta – 3 cups
Luke Warm Water – 1 cup to as needed to knead the dough
Active dry yeast – ½ tbsp.
Cane Sugar – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 ½ tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Milk to brush on top of the bread.
Step by step Method with pictures:
1. Sift the flour three times, to this add in salt and mix well.
2. In a bowl add in Luke warm water add in the active dry yeast allow it to get activated, It may take around 3-5 mins.
3. Once the yeast gets activated add in the Yeast to the flour mixture, to this add in 1 tbsp. oil, Vinegar and Cane Sugar and mix everything to form a soft dough. Add more water if required .After kneading add the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil and knead the dough once again.
4. Cling wrap the bowl which has the dough and cover it with a kitchen towel and set it in a dark place for 1 and a half hour the dough will proof up in this time.
5. After the dough gets proofed up punch the dough to release the excess air and then knead once again and form the shape of the lop and place it in a prepared bread tin. Cling wrap and allow it to raise for another 30 mins. Brush the loaf with milk before baking.
6. Preheat the oven at 200 Deg C for about 15 mins and the bake at 200 Deg C for 40-45 mins or the baking tin sound hollow when tapped to the bottom. Allow it to cool completely and the slice and serve.
The baking time may vary from oven to oven.
You can replace Vinegar with Curd or Lemon Juice.