I had always wanted to try the zebra cake. So after a long consideration I tried it out. And it came amazingly well for my first attempt. It was soft and spongy and the zebra pattern had also come. So I'm sharing you the recipe. Try it out and post your comments.
I am not quite satisfied with the images as I had to click in the night and I was in a hurry and the cake did crumble. So I shall be redoing this post again J Please bear with me for now J
Recipe Cuisine: Germany/African | Recipe Category : Cake
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time : 40 mins | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
· Tindora / Ivy gourd – ¼ kg
· Maida – 1cup
· Sugar – 1 cup
· Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
· Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
· Butter – ½ cup
· Salt – a pinch
· Oil – 3tsp
· Baking Soda a pinch
· Baking Powder – 1 tsp
1. Finely sieve maida/all purpose flour, Salt , baking soda and baking powder. Divide them into two equal halves and place each in separate bowls.
2. Sieve Coca Powder and add it to one of the two maida bowls.
3. Heat a vessel in low flame, add butter to it. Allow it to melt and add sugar to it. Allow the sugar to blend well and add vanilla essence to it.
4. Add half of the butter and sugar mixture to the plain maida bowl and the remaining half to the coca and maida bowl. Use a hand blender and mix then finely.
5. Take a baking pan. Coat it with butter and place parchment paper on it. In the center of the pan add a spoon of coca mix. over it add another spoon of vanilla mix.
6. Repeat this process till you fill the pan.
7. Take a toothpick and make patterns over it.
8. Pre-heat oven for 10 min at 200C. Then place cake mix into oven. Set temperature as 180C and time as 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, take a toothpick and check if the cake is done. Leave it outside for 20 minutes.
9. Beautiful, Spongy and yummy Zebra cake is ready.