Coconut Burfi is one my favorite sweets, whenever I have some good stock of coconut in home I just prepare it. Hubby and my daughter also loves it .It stays good for a week and hence it is one recipe which we can pack for any picnics and trips. So when I decided Picnic Hamper as the theme in BM is badly wanted to post Coconut Burfi as it one recipe which is was waiting to blog. Somehow I dint for these many days. So without any delay now let’s get started with the recipe.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 10 mins| Serves: 4|Author :Sharmila
IngredientsFreshly Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1-2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Nuts to garnish
1. Fry the nuts and ghee for garnishing till golden brown and set aside. Grate the coconut without any browns and set it ready, Grease a tray with ghee and keep that aside.
2. In a pan add in the Grated Coconut and start roasting in a low flame. Add in the Sugar too.
3. Sprinkle the water. Now the sugar will start to melt and the mixture will resemble gooey. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens and start leaving the sides of the pan.
4. Now add in the ghee fried nuts and Cardamom powder and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the greased tray and level it so that it resembles in the same size.
5. While the mixture is still hot cut into desired shapes.Once it is completely cooled removed from the tray and store in air tight containers.
· Make sure you cut into pieces while the mixture is still hot once it is cooled down it will be difficult to cut.
· Never compromise the amount of sugar used as it gives the burfi consistency.
· If the amount of sugar is reduced it might become halwa.
· Checkout this Carrot Burfi for detailed step by step pics which is almost the same for Coconut Burfi. I shall be updating the step by step pics for Coconut Burfi Soon.
· It stays good unto a week.